Monday, June 27, 2011

Prologue
Shamefully I shoved my hands in my pocket. I felt like a harlot skulking into church for penance after a night of debauchery. But instead of a church it was my mother’s house and instead of a priest, there was my mother. Unwilling to go inside just yet to face the music, I sat down on my bags and buried my head in my hands.

Screenshot-22

I hadn’t really done anything wrong and to be honest, my mother’s “I told you so’s” were the last thing on my mind. I had been so stupid. I had followed that berryhole to Briochport, with the promises of forever and long conversations about love.

Screenshot-19Screenshot-20

But yesterday when I found out about her, my world stopped. I should have known better I thought to myself. All the unanswered calls and claims of work had been bull. He had been with her every time.

Screenshot-24

She had moved on to another berry and that was why he wanted me to come to Briochport. I was his second choice and I couldn’t live with that. So I left.

Screenshot-35

Which is why I am here. I gave up everything to be with him. My friends, my job, my car and every last dime I had, were all gone. My mother had bought the ticket home and offered her home to me, but she had made it clear that it wasn’t an open ended invitation. I needed to get my life together and I needed to do it quickly. Time to face the music I sighed as I stood up. I quickly scanned myself for any trace of dirt. The last thing I needed was my step father on my ass about his pristine house.

Screenshot

“Are you going to stand out there all night or are you coming in” My mother said shortly. Her voice stung like a thousand bees and it made me wish I had taken my grandparents offer to live with them in Chamberry. But right now I needed a job, not a vacation. “Oh really, Sugar. Would you hurry up” My mother added as she tapped her foot with crossed arms. Sorry I mumbled as I gathered my bags and made my way up the walk.

Screenshot-42

My step father was leaving the living room as I entered, but as if to make it clear that I was unwelcome he shot me a nasty look. Believe me I thought I don’t want to be here anymore than you want me here.

Screenshot-37

My mothers exhausting conversation about priorities and responsibility left me so drained that all I could think about was a comfortable bed and a lot of rest. My problems could wait for tomorrow.

Screenshot-26

No comments:

Post a Comment