Thursday, August 25, 2011


Creme header-horz
Generation 1 ~ Chapter 5

Moss’s POV
*Ring*

Maybe it will stop…

*Ring*  The shrill ring of my phone continued and the realization that whoever was calling would not be giving up set in.   I blindly reached for the nightstand trying to connect with my phone without actually opening my eyes. Jackpot!  Hello?

“Is this Moss Absinthe?”

Yes?

“Moss, this is Acai Grapecicle.  I saw you play recently and I’d like to sign you and the Lemonheads to Bad Berry Records.”

My eyes shot open and my feet hit the floor, all grogginess now gone.  The dreams that began so long ago about to be realized. 

Screenshot-7

Me, I mean us?  We’d have to talk, but I’m sure..”

“I’d like to meet today in Briochport. Should I send a car?”

Well….That’s not going to work.  It’s kind of my wedding day.

“I see.  Tomorrow then?”

Yes, I’m free, no we.  We are free

“Ok then, the car will be there at noon.  We’ll see you and the Lemonheads tomorrow.”

Screenshot-10

I started to thank Acai, but the dial tone on the other end hissed at me.  I glanced back at the clock as I hung up the phone.  7AM. The guys would be here soon.  I lingered at my window for a moment longer as I watched the rain hit the ground.

Screenshot-9

Of all days that it could rain, it had to be this one.  I sighed and headed for the darkened hallway and the bathroom beyond.  I thought about how disappointed Sugar would be about the weather.  It meant that our lovely outdoor ceremony would have to be moved inside.  No beautiful flower arches, no rose bushes, no sunshine, no beach.  That setting of our wedding would be ruined, but the day would still be the best of my life.  This mornings news would of course add to that, but record deal or not. Sugar would always be the best decision I ever made. 

Screenshot-4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sugar’s POV
My perfect day, gone.  I stared into the mirrors reflection, trying to will away the raindrops falling outside.  On the other side of the door I could hear our families gathering and being ushered to their seats. 

“One last strand and…..you….are….done!”

Screenshot-2

Oh Fern!  It’s beautiful! I looked into the mirror at my beautifully done hair and decided that I wouldn’t let the rain get me down.  I was marrying the man of my dreams and we were going to have a wonderful life and as of last night, a wonderful family.  I smoothed down the front of my dress once more, imagining what it would look like once the baby started to grow. “Sugar?”  Moss’s voice came from behind the door and startled me back to reality.

Moss?  You can’t see me, remember?

“Sugar, we’re getting signed.”

I walked towards the door.  Getting signed?  What do you mean getting signed?
“The band Sugar, the band!”

The reality of what he was saying hit me and I rushed to the door.

“Not happening!”  Fern stepped in front of me and crossed her arms.  “You know he can’t see you yet!  Moss get to the alter, we are going to start soon.”

Screenshot-3

Fern!  Didn’t you hear what he said.  I need to talk to him.

“I heard and we can hear it again later.  It’s time to go.”

I sighed and took one last look in the mirror before following Fern to the hallway and my waiting grandfather.

“Aren’t you just gorgeous.”  My grandfather reached out as if to give a hug, but instead he pulled out a box.  “This is from your grandmother and I."

Screenshot-9

A smile spread across his face as I opened the box.  Grandma’s bracelet?

“I gave this to your grandmother on our wedding day and we thought it would be a fitting present for yours as well.”

The door to the hall opened, interrupting my attempt at a thank you. “I know dear, now let’s get this show on the road!”  We lined up behind my attendants and one by one they progressed through the doorway till it was our turn.  My grandfather took my hand and with a final squeeze we walked through the open door.  All of my worry over a perfect wedding was for nothing.  The only thing that really mattered was who was waiting at the end of the aisle.  My knight in shining armor, my prince, my everything.  He was so handsome.

Screenshot-30

We finished our walk up the aisle and Moss offered his hand to help me up onto the platform.  “You’re beautiful” He mouthed to me.  I smiled back even though my cheeks were now flushed red.  He was the only man I’d ever met that made me feel so unbelievably flustered.  Our courtship had been undeniably short.  Having met only 6 months ago, my mother was adamant that it wouldn’t last.  Her presence today, it seemed was purely out of spite.  Moss’s parents weren’t so obvious about their dislike of the situation, but it was there.  None of it mattered though, because we loved each other and that was all we needed.

Screenshot-38

“Sugar, I’ve loved you since the moment I met you.  I love your honesty, passion, sense of humor and most of all I love the way you love.  You are my everything and I will love you every moment of every day till the end of time.”

Screenshot-41

Moss, Everything in my life has led to you. Truly my other half. Your passion for life surpasses anything I’ve ever known. I can only imagine that every day of our life together will be filled with love and joy.

Screenshot-40

“I now pronounce you man and wife, you may now kiss the bride”

Screenshot-46

Rice flew up in the air as we walked down the aisle and into the waiting limo.  Moss pulled me onto his lap and kissed me.  “I have never been so happy in my entire life”

Screenshot-53

So, what’s this about being signed?

“That’s right, your dashing husband and his wonderful band, the Lemonheads are being signed by Bad Berry Records.”

I am so happy for you! 

“Happy for Us baby.  There is no me without you.”

While we are on the subject of babies, I have some news for you.  Us will turn into a threesome in roughly 8 1/2 months.  Moss’s mouth hung open and for a moment panic overcame me.

“If it’s a boy, we’ll name it Moss Jr.” 

The smile on his face told me everything I needed to know.  My panic eased and knowing everything about our lives was a open book made me feel peaceful.  We aren’t naming our child Moss Jr.

Our laughter filled the limo as we headed towards our new apartment.  A gift from Moss’s grandparents that would surely be useful now that Moss and his band had a prospective record deal.  I snuggled up to him and closed my eyes.  Life was perfect, right now.

Screenshot-4

No comments:

Post a Comment