Monday, August 8, 2011


Creme header-horz

Generation 1 ~ Chapter 4


“You must be Sugar.”  I looked up at the voice saying my name and instantly knew it was Moss’s sister.  Fern?  “Yep!  It is so nice to finally meet you!  Do you need a drink?  I’ll just get two.  Be right back.”  Moss had referred to his sister as a ‘breath of fresh air,’ but after that I’d call it more of a hurricane. 

 Screenshot-82

Hurricane or not, I was happy to have her company at the moment.  This wasn’t the worst bar I’d been in, but it wasn’t the nicest either.  In fact, if not for Moss and his band opening tonight I’d never even be here.  “I’m baaaack!  I got you a Grande sour apple martini, cuz we both know you like big green things!”  Fern nudged me after that last little bit and I couldn’t help but laugh.  Thank you so much for coming Fern, I….I guess they are starting. We’ll talk later.  “Totally, I can’t wait to talk about the wedding…” I tuned Fern’s voice out as the houselights dimmed and the stage lights came on.  Moss’s voice cut through the chatter and the smoke and surrounded me.

ScreenshScreenshot-31Screenshot-56 Screenshot-115
And I’d give up forever to touch you
‘Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be
And I don’t want to go home right now

Screenshot-57 Screenshot-103

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
‘Cause sooner or later it’s over
I just don’t want to miss you tonight

Screenshot-61Screenshot-104 
And I don’t want the world to see me
‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand
When everything’s made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Screenshot-65Screenshot-66 

And you can’t fight the tears that ain’t coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you’re alive

Screenshot-77 Screenshot-106
And I don’t want the world to see me
‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand
When everything’s made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

 Screenshot-67
Screenshot-68

And I don’t want the world to see me
‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand
When everything’s made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am

Screenshot-30Screenshot-110 
Screams and whistles erupted around me.  Fern was going nuts “That was totally a new song.  Have you heard that one yet?  I started to tell her that I hadn’t, but the band started up again and Fern started screaming.

 Screenshot-70

“So?”  Moss asked from behind us.  “OMB, it was awesome!  That song was totally new. I LOVED it!” Fern squealed.  “And what about you?”  He asked as he pulled me into his arms.  I loved it.  “OMB, you two are ADORABLE”

Screenshot-47 
Screenshot-51
Are you sure she’ll be ok on the couch?  “She’s certainly not going to sleep in bed with us!  And besides, considering how drunk she is, I could probably put her on the floor and she’d be cool with it.”  Fern had way too much to drink.  It all started with those Grande green apple martini’s and ended with Fern doing a table dance for a bunch of wasted frat boys.
Screenshot-117 

I jammed a pillow underneath Ferns head and threw a blanket over her before joining Moss in the bedroom.  Even though it was 4AM, neither of us could sleep. “You know, I wrote that song for you.”  Me?  “What can I say?  You inspire me.”  Moss ran his hand down my arm to my hand and brought it to his lips.  “Two more weeks.  Are you ready to become Sugar Absinthe?”

Screenshot-85 

 Well…I was kinda thinking maybe it could be Crème?  His initial look of horror faded as he realized I wasn’t breaking off the wedding and instead was asking him to change his name.  “Meh, I wasn’t fond of Absinthe anyways.”  I burst out laughing as he casually rolled on his back “Moss Crème, Moss Crème, Moss Crème.  Yep, it’s doable.  I just need one thing from you.”  And what exactly is that?  I need color Sugar Crème! Color! This house needs a little green.”  With all of the seriousness I could muster I pointed over Moss’s shoulder at a small potted plant and added But that’s why I got the plant.  This time it was Moss’s laughter that filled the room. “What, did you get the smallest plant they had?”

 Screenshot-90

Song/ Song lyrics: “Iris” by: GooGoo Dolls/John Rzeznik
Click here for video
*I know this isn’t Really a full chapter, but it’s important. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment